Two feature films and countless books have been published about the Battle of Arnhem, all telling the story of those tragic days in September 1944. Enough food for thought you’d think. However, one line of storytelling was missing, more vivid and more real: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL.
A graphic novel is a literary cartoon. Studio Vaessen portrayed the events in September 1944 pictorially, in an accessible way so they are preserved for future generations. Aimed at 12 years and older.
The story is published in three separate volumes:
- Part 1, The battle for the bridge in Arnhem, “The Bridge”, hardcover, 48 pages.
- Part 2, “Hartenstein Hotel”, The fighting in Oosterbeek, hardcover, 48 pages.
- Part 3, The Polish struggle at Driel and the aftermath of events “Operation Pegasus”, hardcover, 48 pages.
Our books about the Battle of Arnhem can be bought on this site or at:
- Museum of Army Flying, Middle Wallop, Stockbridge, Hampshire, SO20 8DY, UK
- Haslam’s of Hallgate Gallery, 22-24 Hallgate, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 1XD, UK
- Paul Meekins, Military & History Books, UK
- Walka_Books on Ebay, email@example.com , US